Top 5 Benefits of Doing a Solo.
Maybe you've been dreaming about performing a solo, or have been giving it extra thought recently. Right now is a perfect time to piece together all of those skills you've acquired, and have some fun getting extra creative. With solo extravaganza being right around the corner (April 20th in Napa, 21st in Santa Rosa), trust us when we tell you, performing a solo will be one of the best decisions you will ever make.
Whether you're nervous or excited, here are the top 5 benefits we see our students gain from presenting a solo:
1. You'll See Yourself Improve- As you progress as a dancer, you definitely want to showcase your talents. What's the point of having a skill, if you never get to show the world, let alone a room full of people. Any chance to shine and stretch as a performer, gives yourself a valuable gauge on where you are, and how to progress.
2. You'll Develop Your Style- Focus on frame, posture, and head position. Working on a routine gives you the time you need to add flare, and spice up your moves. If there was ever a time to be over the top, it's now.
3. You'll Build Your Confidence- Sharing all your hard work with others, will build your confidence as a dancer tremendously! Preparing for this event will help you understand where you are, where you're going, and how to improve to get there. Think about it as more of challenge for yourself and less of a competition with others, and you'll only build your confidence up.
4. You'll Become Healthier Both Physically and Mentally- We can physically challenge ourselves to exercise, and eat better. A healthy body yields a healthy spirit, and a happier lifestyle. We are also able to challenge ourselves mentally by taking part in competitions that will test our skills
5. You'll Gain a New Experience and Have More Fun- The truth is, it's easy to do the same old thing. But, why not challenge ourselves to try new things and gain new experiences? Like learning how to ballroom dance, bachata, or take part in competitions. That way we meet new people, learn more, have more fun, improve our skills and grow as a person.
Now you know the formula, you + dance solos = an ultimately better life! We hope you feel inspired to start thinking about a routine you'd like to do for Solo Extravaganza.
Be sure you ask your dance instructor to help you get started at your next lesson.